By accessing rebates and discounts you can cut back on your energy use, save on power bills and help the environment. These programs are available in several states:
The ACT Government Incentive
The ACT government’s Next Generation Energy Storage (Next Gen) program is subsidising the installation of batteries for roughly 5,000 homes and small businesses.
The current rebate is:
- $825 per kilowatt (kW) of Sustain Peak Output (SPO)
- Up to a maximum of 30kW or $24,750 for households
- 50kW or $41,250 for businesses.
The SA Government Incentive
The SA Government incentive is calculated on the kilowatt hour capacity of the battery purchased and energy concession holders are eligible for a higher subsidy, ensuring low-income households are supported to access the Scheme.
The current rebate is:
- $3,000 Maximum Subsidy per Battery Installation
- $300 per kWh for Energy Concession Holders
- $200 per kWh for all other Households
The VIC Government Incentive
The Solar Homes Program is supporting eligible Victorian households to install a solar battery, by providing a point-of-sale discount up to a maximum of $4,174.
Solar battery rebates are now available in every Victorian postcode. Solar battery rebates will maintain their current value of up to $4,174 until 30 June 2021.
The NSW Government Incentive
The NSW Government has recently jumped on board, making it easier for homeowners to access clean, renewable energy and cut their electricity bills. Through their new solar battery loan offer (the Empowering Homes Program), they are providing access to interest-free loans for up to 300,000 homeowners to install a solar battery system.
This program is initially running as a pilot to refine its design before rolling out across the state. Eligible households are now able to apply for interest-free loans for a battery (to add to existing solar) or a new solar and battery system.
The two options available are:
- An interest-free loan of up to $14,000 towards a solar photovoltaic (PV) plus battery system (repayable over a range of terms up to eight years)
- An interest-free loan of up to $9,000 towards retrofitting a battery system to an existing solar PV system (repayable over a range of terms up to 10 years)
For a solar battery installation, you must use the loan to either:
- Increase the size of your existing solar system and install a solar battery
- Install a new solar system + battery
For a battery only installation, you must:
- Already have a solar system of sufficient size to support a solar battery
- Have an appropriate, technologically equipped, inverter system (if you have an older system you may need to put some of the loan towards an upgrade)
The Smart Energy Answers Incentive
SEA has gone the next step by launching our own new offer for interest-free loans, now available nationwide - but only for a limited number of customers per postcode.
This offer will help homeowners access interest-free loans to install solar & battery systems or fit solar batteries to an existing system. The interest-free loan of up to $35,000 is repayable over a range of terms up to 7 years)
Click Here to request an obligation free energy assessment and see if you are eligible today.